Friday, June 25, 2010

higher calling

 

To become truly immortal, a work of art must escape all human limits: logic and common sense will only interfere. But once these barriers are broken, it will enter the realms of childhood visions and dreams.
::: Giorgio de Chirico :::

colorful wheat, 4/10/08, 12:12 PM,  8C, 10926x15576 (252+408), 150%, repro-paint,  1/30 s, R73.9, G66.4, B114.4

A sincere artist is not one who makes a faithful attempt to put on to canvas what is in front of him, but one who tries to create something which is, in itself, a living thing.
::: William Dobell :::

Abundance-d1w

All true artists, whether they know it or not, create from a place of no-mind, from inner stillness.
::: Eckhart Tolle :::

Colorado_Color_detail-w

Whether I'm painting or not, I have this overweening interest in humanity. Even if I'm not working, I'm still analyzing people.
::: Alice Neel :::

Golden_Glow_d-w

I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.
::: Andrew Wyeth :::

1 comments:

Nancy Teague said...

Inspiring quotes - thank you Deb. Love your 'alive' work next to them too.